Why Choose Westchester Family Care?
Because we care and because we understand. We’ve been there. We understand that every client and personal situation is different and requires an individual, customized solution. We also know that your health and peace of mind are important. Our experience is first hand and this is what sets us apart.
We are in the business of providing your loved one with the special care and attention they deserve. Our caregivers are the heart of Westchester Family Care. They are all New York HHA certified but we believe their most important credential is that they are caring, compassionate people who enjoy helping others.
They are background checked, drug tested and receive continuing education on a regular basis.
We will assess your particular needs through discussion with family members and home visits. Our Registered Nurse provides an in-home assessment for a complete understanding of your home care needs. A care plan is created and continuously reviewed with your participation to ensure we are meeting your needs and delivering the quality care you expect.
In-Home Care Checklist
Before you can determine how to select the right care provider, you must first decide when it’s time to introduce care. We’ve provided the following list of questions to help you make this important decision.
- Has there been a recent emotional or medical crisis?
- Does the individual bathe less often or not at all?
- Are pills left over or running out too soon?
- Does the individual need help walking?
- Is he/she verbally or physically abusive?
- Is he/she becoming more forgetful?
- Have there been recent falls?
- Is your loved one having trouble sleeping?
- Has there been recent weight loss?
- Is his/her hearing or vision affecting their ability to function?
- If he/she smokes, are there burn marks?
- Is your loved one able to do errands alone?
- Is clothing being changed daily? Is clothing appropriate?
- Are there scorch marks on the pot holders or dish towels?
- Are there signs of burnt pans on the stove?
- Is routine house cleaning not being done?
- Have social activities stopped or diminished?
If you've checked any of these questions it may be time to consider in home care or assistance.
Contacting Westchester Family Care for in-home care is easy!
Our compassionate care team will answer any questions you have and walk you through the process of getting in-home care.